Launched in 2020, Clubhouse became one of the fastest-growing startups in the creator economy, gaining unicorn status within 11 months.
Clubhouse is a social audio app that enables communication in chat rooms. Creators host rooms where they can tell stories, stream a live podcast, or just chat among friends.
The app was so engaging that the platform has grown to over 10 million users and currently hosts 700,000 rooms daily.
In this article, we’ve compiled a complete list of Clubhouse statistics. If you’re interested in Clubhouse’s rapid growth, continue reading.
Clubhouse Statistics (Highlights)
- As of February 2021, Clubhouse had 10 million weekly active users.
- Clubhouse is currently valued at $4 billion.
- Over 700,000 rooms are created daily on the platform.
- In April 2022, Clubhouse received 600,000 monthly app downloads.
- Clubhouse has grown to have 117 employees.
Clubhouse User Statistics
On Clubhouse, users can easily create an account after downloading the app. Once their profile is ready, they can join rooms and communicate.
Here are some important Clubhouse usage statistics:
- In February 2021, Clubhouse reached 10 million weekly active users, experiencing extraordinary growth since late 2020.
- Clubhouse user growth surged between January and February 2021, when 8 million new users signed up. This can be attributed to several reasons, including word-of-mouth endorsements from high-profile users and increased media attention.
- Currently, Startup Club is the most popular club on the platform, with over 855,318 members. A club is a group of users interested in a topic. Once users join a club, they’ll receive notifications from all the rooms hosted by the club.
- Six of the top 10 clubs focus on finance, startups, money, and marketing. They include Tech Talks, Bitcoin, Womxn in Business, and Financial Literacy.
- Startup Club hosts between 4-5 rooms daily. All clubs in the top-five positions host a minimum of one room every day. The club that hosts the most rooms in the top 10 is Womxn in Business, hosting over ten rooms per day.
- The top 10 clubs on the platform have a combined 4.9 million members.
|Womxn in Business||378,481|
|Instagram Marketing Secrets – Tips, Tricks & Guidance||352,582|
- Users can create up to two clubs on their accounts. To create a club, Clubhouse requires users to have previously hosted at least three rooms.
- Over 700,000 rooms are created daily, per a Clubhouse blog post. Rooms come in three types: Open, Social, and Closed, and users can select the room type depending on who they want to allow in.
Top Clubhouse Users
There are now many Clubhouse influencers who create engaging content and have sizeable audiences. We’ve curated a list of key Clubhouse stats for the same.
- Rohan Seth is the most followed user on Clubhouse, with over 7 million followers.
- The top ten influencers combined have 54.2 million followers.
- The top ten users on Clubhouse have more than 4.6 million followers each, while the top five have a follower count of over 5 million.
- The top two users—Rohan Seth and Paul Davison—are the two co-founders of Clubhouse.
- The words “entrepreneur” and “investor” feature in three top 10 profile bios. In fact, large audiences regularly discuss startups, investing, and venture capital on the app.
|User||Number of Followers|
Clubhouse Revenue and Financials
Currently, Clubhouse is a private company, meaning its full financial situation is unknown.
However, we still managed to compile a list of the most important revenue and financial statistics by gathering information from press releases and tech publications.
- Clubhouse grew to a $4 billion valuation in just over a year from its launch. The rapid growth of the company is almost unmatched by any previous startup. Due to the platform’s great success, the social media network Twitter responded by launching its audio-only app feature.
- Clubhouse’s valuation grew from $1 billion to $4 billion between January and April 2021, a four-time increase. During this time, Clubhouse’s user base exploded, and investors scrambled to invest in the company.
- Andreessen Horowitz led all three rounds of fundraising. During series A, Clubhouse raised $10 million, valuing the company at $100 million. The valuation came while the product was still in the beta testing phase.
|Date||Round||Amount Raised||Valuation||Lead Investor|
|May 15th, 2020||Series A||$10 million||$100 million||Andreessen Horowitz|
|Jan 24th, 2021||Series B||$100 million||$1 billion||Andreessen Horowitz|
|April 18th, 2021||Series C||$200 million||$4 billion||Andreessen Horowitz|
- Currently, Clubhouse does not generate any revenue. The platform does not display any ads or charge any fees. In a 2021 interview, Paul Davison, the company’s CEO, said they might follow Patreon’s subscriptions model to allow content creators to monetize their audience.
In December 2020, Clubhouse officially launched the Creator First Accelerator Programme, their first move into paying influencers. The company described it as “providing a monthly stipend and matching you with brands.” Clubhouse also helped creators by promoting their shows, introducing them to guests, and granting access to company employees.
In April 2021, Clubhouse introduced Clubhouse Payments to help creators further. This function allows users to send money to each other. Currently, the company does not take any payment cuts, but users pay a small fee to process payments.
Clubhouse App and Website Statistics
Clubhouse is an app-first platform, and the platform features aren’t accessible from a desktop. On their website, there are only general company information, blog posts, and job postings, while you can access the actual platform only through the iOS and Android apps.
Here you can find the most interesting App and Website statistics:
- In April 2022, Clubhouse downloads topped 600,000 when combining the App Store and Google Play Store downloads.
- The app was downloaded over 10 million times on the Google Play Store and received an average rating of 4.5 stars.
- Clubhouse is the 10th most downloaded app in the Apple Store’s news category. Since its launch, it has received over 700,000 reviews and achieved an overall rating of 4.8 stars.
- The iOS app received 28 million downloads between its launch and December 2021. June 2021 saw the highest monthly downloads, with a reported 8.7 million.
- In May 2022, the website received 3.5 million visits, a surprisingly large amount of website traffic for an app-based social media platform.
- 25.44% of website traffic comes from the US. India and Thailand are the second and third largest visitors by geography, generating 8.1% and 4.35% of visits, respectively.
- Clubhouse’s website is visited the most by those between 25 and 34 years of age, making up 34.27% of the total traffic. Those aged between 18 and 24 contribute 23.32% of the total traffic.
- Men make up 62.41% of website visitors. This figure is much larger than that of women, who represent 37.59% of the website’s traffic.
Miscellaneous Clubhouse Statistics
Below, we’ve compiled a list of the most informative miscellaneous Clubhouse statistics.
- Clubhouse has an estimated 117 employees. In June 2022, the company announced that it would begin to make employee cuts, citing a shift in strategy.
- In July 2020, Clubhouse had just two full-time employees—who were also the two co-founders, Rohan Seth and Paul Davison.
- Between July 2020 and May 2022, Clubhouse’s employee count grew by an estimated 115, increasing from just two to 115 people.
|Date||Number of Employees|
- As of June 2022, the company is recruiting 13 employees to join Clubhouse, of whom eight are in the Engineering department.
- Clubhouse organizes employees into teams. Currently, there are six. They include Product, Engineering, People Operations, Data Science, Design, and General.
Clubhouse’s growth has been extraordinary. The platform has seen millions of Clubhouse app downloads, tens of millions of rooms hosted, and the rise of thousands of influencers.
However, today, the platform’s user growth seems to be slowing down, and with the recent employee lay-off, the future of Clubhouse looks a bit uncertain. So the Clubhouse user statistics will be interesting to keep an eye on.
That’s the complete round-up of the most important Clubhouse statistics for 2023.
If you’re interested in more creator economy statistics, check out this article on Substack statistics.
If you have any questions, please share them in the comments below.