Mighty Networks is one of the top choices among creators who want to build an online community. It has all the features for community building and engagement, including a free mobile app for members.
These features are part of the platform’s standard offering, but Mighty Pro offers even more.
In this guide, we’ll explore Mighty Pro’s main features, including the differences between this premium version and the standard one. We’ll also help you decide if Mighty Pro is worth the cost.
What Is Mighty Pro?
Mighty Pro is the premium version of Mighty Networks. It focuses on big communities and established brands that want to create a fully branded experience for their members.
To start, it comes with all the features available in Mighty Networks:
- Spaces and collections
- Posts and articles
- Live streaming
- Group chats
- Online courses
If you’re not familiar with Mighty Networks and don’t know how these features work, we suggest you also read our Mighty Networks review.
Apart from these features, Mighty Pro has some exclusive features that aren’t available on the regular pricing plans:
- Branded mobile apps: The Pro version allows you to launch a mobile app for your members, and that app belongs to you. The app is built and managed by the Mighty team.
- Complete white-labeling: Mighty branding isn’t visible anywhere in your app or your website. Even when you send emails and push notifications to your members, all they’ll see is your brand’s name.
- SSO integrations: Mighty Pro supports single sign-on (SSO) to provide a frictionless login process for your members using their existing credentials.
- Mighty Design Studio™: The Pro experience includes access to the design studio, which gives you access to resources for designing splash screens and marketing images for your apps.
- Pro strategy and support: Mighty Pro subscribers also get access to one-on-one coaching for community design and engagement. They can also join the exclusive community for the Pro hosts.
In addition to these essential features, Mighty Pro also allows you to further customize your branding, as well as support video uploading in post comments.
Benefits of Getting Mighty Pro’s Branded Apps
Branded community apps are the biggest benefit of Mighty Pro and the #1 reason why creators upgrade. Having a branded app for your members not only increases trust and engagement but also allows you to reach a wider audience.
But why should you go through Mighty Pro to get a branded app?
Because you don’t have to build your app and all the functionalities from scratch. Since the app is built with Mighty’s technology, you get the best-in-class features for creating communities, memberships, and courses:
- Flexible community layouts: You can structure your community with Collections and Spaces and organize your content as you wish.
- Rich discussions: You can create discussion posts with polls, questions, videos, and GIFs, and your members can interact with your content through likes and comments.
- Events and live streaming: You can engage your members by scheduling events or hosting live streams. You can also use these to deliver coaching sessions and live classes.
- Online courses: You can easily create courses with features like video lessons and content dripping.
- Flexible monetization tools: You can monetize your community and content as you like, and Mighty Pro even supports in-app purchases.
- Community management tools: You get all the essential community-management tools for moderation, member management, and analytics.
If you were to build a community app with these features from scratch, the expensive custom development would cost you thousands of hours, tens of thousands of dollars, and months waiting for the app to be ready.
But Mighty Pro allows you to launch your own branded mobile apps at a fraction of the cost (we’ll discuss later in this guide) and in less than a month.
Another benefit of having a Mighty Pro app is that it synchronizes with your web community. Your mobile apps and the web counterpart are continuously “communicating,” which means that whatever you do in one place will show up in the other. As a result, your members will have a consistent experience across devices.
Most importantly, you don’t have anything to do with the technical side of the app. Creating a branded app with Mighty Pro is a fully managed service, so you don’t need to learn to code or employ a team for app maintenance — the Mighty team handles this for you.
Finally, you don’t need to start with Mighty Pro. You can start on one of the regular plans and use the free Mighty Networks app for your community.
Once you’re ready, you can upgrade to Mighty Pro and get a branded app. You don’t lose any of your content or data, nor do you need to do any platform migration.
The Mighty Pro Mobile App Experience
In this section, we’ll explore some Mighty Networks communities that use the Pro version to illustrate the branded app experience.
To illustrate, we signed up for the Wealth Without Wall Street community and viewed it through the app.
The Wealth Without Wall Street app looks great. You see the activity feed immediately upon login. Here you’ll find all the discussions, events, and posts, and you can personalize the feed based on your preferences.
The app has a slide-out menu that you can use to access different parts of the community, e.g., events, groups, courses, and group chats.
To create a new post (or other content), you can use the Plus icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen. And there’s a shortcuts menu below it for accessing messages, notifications, and profile settings.
You’ll also notice that the community has a lot of courses, and you can watch lesson videos in the app. You can also download lesson files and leave comments under the lessons.
We also explored the web version and found the app experience to be completely in sync with it, ensuring a consistent experience for the members.
We checked another app called the TED Community. When you download the app and try to log in, it takes you to an external page to log in using your existing TED account.
This is an example of a Pro app using a single sign-on (SSO) integration with another website. As we mentioned before, SSO is an exclusive Mighty Pro feature.
You can also create a paid community app with Mighty Pro. It provides native monetization tools, allowing you to charge payments from users to become a community member.
TLC: Sobriety Support is an example of a paid membership community.
As soon as you download the app and open it, you’ll be asked to purchase a subscription to unlock access to the community.
Overall, we loved the experience of using Mighty Pro apps. The apps are well-designed, the UI is clean, and the features are optimized for the mobile experience.
However, it’s worth noting that the interface and features in the branded apps are pretty much the same as the free Mighty Networks app.
What’s different, however, is the overall app experience. For example, to download the TED Community app, a user just has to search for it in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, download the app, log in, and start using it. It will be TED all the way, and a regular user won’t even know they’re using Mighty Networks.
Getting Started With Mighty Pro
Now, let’s discuss Mighty Pro’s pricing structure.
Mighty Pro comes with an annual subscription and costs $30,000/year. The price is not listed publicly, but we found it on the landing page for the Path-to-Pro offer.
The $30K price tag is substantial, but if you compare it to how much it costs to build a custom app from scratch, which is in the $100,000–$500,000 range, the Mighty Pro pricing will seem reasonable.
But then again, comparing the cost of Mighty Pro with other community builders with a similar option will be better.
For instance, Disciple — another popular community builder — allows you to get a branded app starting at just $7,596/year with its Grow plan.
However, Disciple’s Grow plan lets you have only up to 1,000 members, and the next tier — the Pro plan — supports up to 10,000 members and costs $11,988 per year.
While Mighty Pro lets you have unlimited members and supports features like online courses, the cost is still significantly higher, and to the extent that it may not be a viable option for smaller communities.
Now, let’s move on to Mighty Pro’s sign-up process and the steps you’ll need to take to launch your apps.
To get started with Mighty Pro, visit their website and request a demo.
The steps to getting a branded app:
- You’ll work with Mighty experts to create a strategy and design elements for your app.
- The team will build the apps and submit them to the app stores on your behalf.
- You’ll get exclusive training to understand what the product can do.
- Your app will be launched in about a month.
After that, you’ll get ongoing support and live training on implementing the best practices to make the most out of your community app.
To sum up, Mighty Pro is a popular choice for creating a branded community app. You can quickly launch your app without building it from scratch, and Mighty Pro’s team will handle the entire process and take care of updates and maintenance as well.
Plus, since the app is built on the Mighty Networks platform, it will have excellent community features, including spaces, rich posts, courses, live streams, group chats, etc.
Overall, Mighty Pro is a good option for established creators and big brands who want to have a fully branded app.
If you’re considering getting Mighty Pro, book a demo and learn more about the product.
We hope you enjoyed this article, and we would love to hear what you think about Mighty Pro. Leave a comment below and let us know.